Sunday, October 09, 2005

What is Success

What is Success? Many have asked the question and many have offered their opinion of the answer. Well I have just finally figured out what success is. Success is finding and walking in your purpose. Now many people have been rich, happy, healthy and famous but if the source of those was not a part of their purpose then it was only TEMPORARY. This is so often shown by a show called "Behind the music" or "The Untold Story". We see so many entertainers and famous people that seemed to be so successful but yet were tormented and unhappy because they were not walking in their purpose.

When I finally figured out my purpose I finally had the confidence to say I AM SUCCESS. But of course I came across people who had not found success or their purpose and they brought opposition so I had to explain a few things to them such as what "I AM SUCCESS" does not mean. Many people would believe that by wearing "I AM SUCCESS" apparel you are bragging to people that you are in actuality rich. Since people equate money with success they feel that I AM SUCCESS really should say I AM RICH or I AM BETTER THAN YOU, but that is not what the shirt means at all.

I AM SUCCESS means that I have achieved success in my life in one of the numerous ways success can be achieved. I AM SUCCESS means that I am so secure in my abilities and achievements that when I wear this shirt I hope that people can see the confidence that I have and seek to achieve that or even just ask me what the shirt means so that I can explain it to them. I AM SUCCESS means that no matter what happens in my life, I will not stop seeking to achieve success because I was made to be successful.

Now, let's get deeper and look more into what I AM SUCCESS really means. In John 8:58, Jesus said "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I AM". That statement lets us know right there that Jesus says that he is I AM. Jesus is saying that he existed before Abraham and in John 1:1 it lets us know that Jesus existed in the beginning. In Exodus 3:14 God says to Moses ". Just tell them, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Now from this since we see that Jesus referred to Himself as "I AM" and God referred to Himself as "I AM", Jesus and God are one.


Let's relate this to I AM SUCCESS, if Jesus is I AM, then we can say that this is actually saying JESUS is SUCCESS. Now I don't know what you consider success but I consider Jesus to have been to most successful man to walk the earth. Success is prospering in this life and the next and Jesus came to provide a way for prosperity to exist here and in heaven. Through Jesus we are able to live here and prosper through the power of the Holy Spirit and this same power is what lets us defeat death and have everlasting life in the kingdom of Heaven. Now, with that being stated, since JESUS is SUCCESS, and we have the power of Jesus within us via the HOLY SPIRIT, we can say I AM SUCCESS because of the JESUS that is within me and we grow more successful the more we become like JESUS. I AM SUCCESS means JESUS is SUCCESS and since I am becoming more like Jesus each day, I AM SUCCESS.