Monday, December 26, 2005

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love

Today for the first time in 17 years, saw my younger brother.  See when I was younger (~9 years old) I was at the park with my father when he introduced me to a woman he was seeing.  This woman had a baby with her and my father told me that the baby was my little brother.  Well of course at 9 years old, I really didn’t care too much about siblings since I was trying to find ways to get rid of the sister that I had.  Well little did I know that after that moment, I would not see my brother again until December 25, 2005.  

I was told that a week or two prior to thanksgiving, my younger brother was finally told about all his brothers and sisters and much about his past that he was not aware of.  He reached out to us immediately and of course we welcomed him with open arms.  I thought about him off and on throughout the years and in 2002 made it my desire to make sure that each brother and sister that I have will one day be accessible to myself and the rest of our siblings.  Well we have found the majority of them but there are some that still elude us….for now.

All my life I wanted to have brothers but my mom seemed to be good at giving me sisters only.  Well since my father was a rolling stone, he was out making many brothers for me that I was not aware of.     So as of today I have 4-5 brothers that exist and I am able to locate only two – three of them at the current time.  I do know that two additional ones were located in Indianapolis but that could be dated information.

I have decided that since I attempt to be a positive influence on young men and guide them in their pursuit of success, there should be no reason why I cannot help my brothers achieve and exceed all that they desire to become in life.  I know that success is a state of mind and their mindset should be a direct influence of the closest male that they come into contact with…which from here on out be their older brother.