Tuesday, December 06, 2005

No Fear

I was recently asked what was my biggest fear. Now my initial answer was going to be nothing. But when I started to say that, I was pushed towards answering the question because everyone has a fear. Well I answered it with failure, my biggest fear is failure. But there was one problem with that answer...I was lying..I dont fear anything.

I don't fear anything anymore because I found out that I have a protector that keeps me safe as long as I am in His will. So since I have a protector who protects me, provides all my needs, and gives me the ability to accomplish whatever I set out to do, why should I fear. I used to fear death, but then I realized that my protector defeated death for me and that I will not die but my body will.

I really and truly believe that no matter what i want to do, I can accomplish it. I really and truly believe that no matter who comes against me, they will not defeat me, especially since im not afraid to die. I really and truly believe that whatever need I have is already taken care of so I will never lack. So with all these things going for me that I know are taken care of..why should I fear?

Fear is a form of doubt. Confidence and doubt cannot coexist and if you have ever spoken with me or been around me, you know that confidence abounds within me. So how can fear exist also, it cannot, therefore I do not fear. No matter what people may think or say, I dont fear. Now I know that people are not comfortable with that because they truly believe that everyone has a fear. That's fine with me and I understand that it takes a level of growth to overcome all your fears and many people may never attain that. But I am glad that I am able to walk without fear and continue to have faith.

Why do we have more fear in running out...then faith in running over?